[mythtv-users] How can I turn off Open GL without the frontend?

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 09:42:25 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I installed 0.21 last night (Mythbuntu .. Gutsy Backports) and all
seemed to go well. I switched from my usual QT painter to Open GL to
look at some effects, but when I restarted the frontend it crashed out.
This has happened to me in the past (which is why I use QT), but I can't
remember how I fixed it. It maybe that rebooting will let me go in and
switch back, but if not, is there another way to make the change?

I'm running an Athlon 1.2gig machine with 512 memory and a 5200 graphics
card with the latest nvidia drivers. Should my system really not be able
to handle Open GL being turned on? 3d games seem to work fine mostly.

Damian