[mythtv-users] IMDB lookup fails in MythWeb 0.21

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 18 04:15:36 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 9:07 PM, Johnny Russ wrote:

> I saw other threads discussing that solution, but I didn't think that
> they applied to my situation. Those threads indicated that there was
> an
> error message when that path was incorrect. I only have one machine
> that
> functions as both my frontend and backend. The 'Path to imdb.pl on
> this
> webserver:' is set to '/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl'.
> This is a local address so I believe the webserver can access it. How
> can I check to make sure? Any other ideas about what could be going
> wrong?

The apache user needs rx access to that file and I believe read access
to every directory leading to that file.
If you're not familiar with file permissionsm, you can read up on it
here: http://www.freeos.com/articles/3127/

I ended up copying my imdb.pl script to the mythweb directory and
changing my settings to use that one.
If permissions is the problem, you should get an access denied error
in your error.log for apache.

-Brad