[mythtv-users] Tuner card identity in 2 systems

john blue rwc at bestpond.com
Tue Mar 18 01:14:23 UTC 2008

I have been trialling a mythtv setup, as a frontend/backend, and have now
completed the build of a new FE/slave backend which is to go in the lounge
room. I have used a Silverstone LC16R for this.

Both PC's are running SuSE 10.3, and have been updated with MythTV from the
Packman site, running version 0.21.

I have two of the Leadtek  Winfast DTV 1000-T DVB-T  cards in each PC.
The cards are installed and are identified as DVB-0 and DVB-1 in the master
backend and have a display name of back-1, back-2.

The cards in the new frontend/slave are also identified as DVB-0 and DVB-1
with different display names.  Is this correct, or should the slave tuners
have a different identity (say DVB 2 or 3?

Thanks for any advice.

--

John

Canberra,Australia