[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase 'Not adding channel' that's enabled in SchedulesDirect

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 17 23:54:48 UTC 2008

On 03/17/2008 07:30 PM, Benton Roberts wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I am having a problem with mythfilldatabase (on MythTV 20.2). When I run
> it with --do-channel-updates, it skips many of the channels I have
> enabled in SchedulesDirect. I don't think I've been able to add new
> channels since upgrading to 20.1.
>
> However, the more channels I enable on the SchedulesDirect website, the
> more messages I see from mythfilldatabase saying 'Not adding channel X'.
> So the XML data seems to be getting to my system, but mythfilldatabase
> is not adding these channels, and I can't see why.
>
> The missing channels do not show up in the 'channels' table when looking
> at the database directly with phpMyAdmin,nor in the settings page of
> mthweb. So it's not that the channels are in the DB but flagged as
> disabled -- they're not being put into the DB by mythfilldatabase.
>
> Any ideas are appreciated.

When using a digital source, mythfilldatabase will not automatically add
any channels because doing so is normally wrong (i.e. you normally need
to scan for channels or--even if enough information can be determined
from the grabber--you may not be able to receive the channel because
it's encrypted or not part of your "package").

See the mythfilldatabase --help output.  I.e. things like
--do-not-filter-new-channels and --only-update-channels .

Mike