[mythtv-users] OSD Signal Strength

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 17 20:22:53 UTC 2008

<fixed top posting>

On 03/17/2008 04:05 PM, mtrax11 wrote:
> Raphael Pooser wrote:
>
>> mtrax11 wrote:
>>
>>> I'm having some pixelation in my MythTV recordings , how can I debug or
>>> show
>>> signal strengh easily.
>>>
>>> It would be useful to have a signal strengh output in the mythbackend.log
>>> during the start/end of recording so I can see if its an ongoing issue.
>>> I'm
>>> only getting this for one channel at present (ABC / Canberra).
>>>
>>> Any one any advise how to display this automatically .
>> I just hit F7 and flip through all my channels as I adjust the antenna.
>> I set it in the optimal position for all channels. It may not be highest
>> signal for one or two, but gets a nonpixelating signal on all of them.
>> Myth won't record while checking signal strength.
> What does F7 do? is that another key for changing channels? ie  doesn't
> up/down change channel?

F7 is the key that /used/ to be bound to the SIGNALMON action (brings up
the signal monitor) in the TV Playback context.  That key has been
replaced with the Alt-F7 key sequence in 0.21 and beyond for those users
who have not modified the default value (i.e. if you had ever changed
SIGNALMON from F7--i.e. with MythControls--your custom key continues to
work).

Mike