[mythtv-users] cannot change channel on one tuner

J.D. mythtv at demuth.homelinux.org
Mon Mar 17 17:02:48 UTC 2008

On 3/17/2008 Michael T. Dean wrote:
> In 0.21, if you want to switch cards, you may need to map a key to the
> new NEXTCARD binding in TV Playback context.  Do this through
> MythControls.
One of the big strengths of myth is the ability to find an available
tuner for a given channel for scheduled recordings. I am sure the
question has come up many times before, but given the recent rants, aehm
constructive criticisms, on usability - wouldn't it be great if myth
automatically found an available tuner when I direct it to switch
channels? At least for me this is the number one reason why I don't use
myth to watch live (near real-time) tv.

Given the change in behavior between .20 and .21 the must have been a
conscious decision somewhere. Do you know if further change is in the
cards (sorry couldn't resist the pun)?