[mythtv-users] MythWeather Problem in 0.21

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 17 04:51:08 UTC 2008

On Mar 16, 2008, at 9:41 PM, David Meixner wrote:

> I just installed 0.21 on Fedora 8 and I am getting the following error
> through the frontend when trying to use MythWeather:
>
> Can't locate NDFDParser.pm in @INC (@INC contains: [a bunch of
> directories])
> at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/us_nws/ndfd.pl line 9.
>
> If I cd into /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/us_nws and run
> ndfd.pl
> directly from there, then things work fine.  Any ideas on how to
> resolve
> this?

There was a bug posted about this recently. Something along the lines
of running the frontend as SUID makes perl run in tainted mode and
doesn't allow ./ as an @INC path. Someone posted a fix (I use the term
loosely since it's a bad fix IMHO) by hard-coding the path to the
include.

Until someone fixes this for real, I would copy the *.pm files into a
path that perl normally uses for includes. Something like:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/
or
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/
or wherever your distro or you have installed perl to look for include
files.

-Brad