[mythtv-users] splashy + nvidia + framebuffer

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Mar 17 00:09:01 UTC 2008

Alex Halovanic wrote:

> I'm not sure what the issue is; i  was running a stock 2.6.22 debian
> kernel and framebuffer itself seemed to work fine.  Did the 2.6.24
> kernel make the switch to uvesafb from vesafb?
>
> The real problem I encountered on debian was that even with a working
> framebuffer, splashy kept making the system hang on boot; some sort of
> problem with libdirectfb causing it to timeout:

Hmmm...

I've got 2.6.24 uvesafb set up and starting but I'm getting

/uvesafb: Getting VBE into block failed (eax=0x4f00, err=1)
//uvesafb: vbe_init() failed with -22

And of course google is mute on this.  I get a handful of hits but nothing that would explain this.

I can see two possibilites:

1.  My mobo + video card doesn't support vesa 2.0
2.  I'm trying to set an unsupported mode.

The video card is a nVidia 6200 and the mobo is a ///WinFast/// K8S755A

Any ideas anyone?
/