[mythtv-users] Please recommend a IR receiver that can wake from suspend-2-ram

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Sun Mar 16 17:51:54 UTC 2008

> I should further add...I'd really like the wake from suspend to be
> programmable, so it can work with any button from any remote. As far
> as I can tell, a lot of the WinMCE receivers will wake from the power
> button on a WinMCE remote, but can't be programmed to wake in response
> to a different IR code. I've got a couple of remotes that I'm quite
> happy with, and I'm less that thrilled with the available buttons
> and/or layout of a lot of the WinMCE remotes I see.
>
> ---
> Ron

I was under the impression the myth box will wake with any IR activity,
although I've never actually tried to wake it with anything but the power
button. The only thing I have mapped to the power button in lirc is a
script that puts my box to sleep, so I don't know if it's possible to
program the wakeup behavior from lirc. I use a harmony remote with my main
setup, so the button layout of the media center remote has never been an
issue.

Daniel