[mythtv-users] Syncing Minimyth with a backend

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 16 16:08:38 UTC 2008

Mike Perkins wrote:
> I have just put together a new Media Centre-style host[1] I intend to use as a
> dedicated front-end which will diskless boot. I decided to choose Minimyth as
> the operating system for this.
>
> I already run a LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project) server so adding Minimyth
> should'nt have been a problem, and apart from the usual configuration cockups I
> am mostly there.
>
> However, I have come to a halt with respect to connecting it to the existing
> Mythtv network, which is, the potential protocol/version mismatch. I wanted to
> sort out the Minimyth side of things first and then do my upgrade to 0.21 based
> on whatever that built as.
>
> I have built from Minimyth 0.21.0-42, which says that it is based on svn 16483.
> My first question (to Paul) therefore is, which svn? Trunk? Fixes? My second (to
> Mike Dean) is, can I just pull this svn version from Trunk/Fixes/Wherever and
> use it to upgrade the rest of my systems so that they are all compatible?
>
> Currently running Trunk svn 14033.

Per <http://linpvr.org/minimyth/>, it is "MythTV
<http://www.mythtv.org/> 0.21.0 with fixes
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes> through
SVN 16483".

Also, there is a version of MiniMyth with MythTV 0.20.2 + fixes.

To be sure that everything works correctly, you should use the exact
same MythTV versions on all you hosts. However, you should be able to
use it with
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes>. In
addition, if you are using packages, then you should be able to using
MiniMyth with any MythTV 0.21 packages. I use MiniMyth on my frontends
and ATrpms' MythTV packages on my backend.