[mythtv-users] 5 sec lag when switching channel

Miroslav Suchý miroslav at suchy.cz
Sun Mar 16 06:26:29 UTC 2008

When I switch channel on my frontend it there is big lag.

Scenario in detail:

1. I push button ChUp.
2. 1-2 sec pause before screen of the new channel appear. This seem to
be normal for DVB-T. No objection here.
3. 1-2 sec the playback is normal
4. the picture first slow down very much, then it freeze, sound will
freze moment (0.75sec) after picture. Then is everything freezed for a
while (2 sec). Then sound is restored and after moment picture is moving
again. It moves very fast until it "catch the time". All this take 4-5 sec.
5. Playback is than normal until I switch channel again.

Always reproducible.

It is very annoying I dot know what cause this. Any ideas what to try?

BTW: This happened only on frontend which is remote (ie. connected to
backend on 100Mbit ethernet). When I run frontend on same machine which
run backend this lagging do not happened.

It happened with current SVN and with verison from SVN month ago. So I
think it is not problem of MythTV, but some problem with my setup.

--
                                         ,,,
                                        (o o)
  )               mailto:miroslav at suchy.cz
(   ICQ: #70802630 tel:+420-603-775737 skype:MiroslavSuchy
  )echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc
                                  .oooO   (   )
                                    \_)