[mythtv-users] 0.21 can't record or watch live tv.

Mathieu Pagé mathieu.page at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 04:11:19 UTC 2008

Hi Brad,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. I did what you suggest with the
frontend AND the backend. When I tried to start live TV I noticed the
backend complained about not being able to write to a directory. The problem
is I had setted up a new directory for the recordings and mythtv did not had
write access to it.

Now, the problem is solved, thanks you again.

2008/3/15, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:

> On Mar 15, 2008, at 7:58 PM, Mathieu Pagé wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had a functional mythtv setup runing under mythbuntu 7.10. I
> > upgraded to 0.21 today and everything seems to work except that I
> > can't watch live TV and records shows.
> >
> > when I select the "Whatch live TV" option, the screen goes to black
> > for a second or two and the chanel is changed on my external tuner.
> > Then I'm presented with the mythtv menu again without any error
> > message. I looked under mythtv backend configuration and my
> > Hauppauge card still seem to be detected.
> >
> > Is there something I can do to resolve this issue, or is there a log
> > file or anything else I should check to diagnose the issue?
>

> Start mythfrontend from a terminal session and take a look at the
> output in the terminal window when the error happens. If you don't see
> anything interesting there (which you should), use the -v all option
> to make the logging more verbose.

Mathieu Pagé
mathieu.page at gmail.com