[mythtv-users] Anyone using RocketRAID?

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 03:33:13 UTC 2008

Just wanted to follow up, since my first post generated some discussion.  I
followed the Newegg link provided in the OP, and then from there found the
link to the MFG's page for this product.  From that page I got the
following:
Quote1: "The RocketRAID 3000 series are Certified for Windows Vista and is
Linux plug-n-play ready with a GPL Licensed driver in the kernel 2.6."
Quote2: "GPL Licensed Driver into Linux Kernel"
Quote3: "Hardware RAID RocketRAID 3000 Intel I/O processors Series is
successfully embedded into Linux Kernel 2.6.24
version<http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/scsi/hptiop.txt>
"

So, based on this I would say the issues I ran into wouldn't be a problem
with this card.  Either they learned their lesson from complaints like mine,
or maybe it's just a case of this card being at the top of their product
line, while mine was at or near the bottom.  Still didn't like their
customer service.  But don't want to steer anyone wrong, especially if the
company is becoming more Linux-friendly.