[mythtv-users] couple questions about .21

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 15 18:25:14 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
| On 03/15/2008 01:58 PM, steve wrote:
|> Michael T. Dean wrote:
|>

|> | This is definitely correct.  If you're using an analog capture card,
|> | (where there is generally no channel name information available),
you'll
|> | get garbage.  If you're using a grabber that provides sufficient
|> | information about the channel (including channel number)--a grabber
such
|> | as the Schedules Direct grabber--you should /not/ use scan for
channels,
|> | but should use "Fetch channels from listings source."
|> |
|> | OP, please see
|> | http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 for
|> | instructions on how to fix your configuration.
|>
|> yes, im using a pvr150 and i had been "scanning for channels"  im trying
|> "fetch from listing source" as i type this.  if this works, then ill try
|> the fetch icons, then should be all set for a while, thanks all who
|> responded!!
|
| Make sure you do a "Delete all video sources" to clear out your current
| misconfiguration.  Otherwise, you'll actually break things (as opposed
| to just having bad channel names) until you finally do a "Delete all
| video sources."  Read the post to which I linked.  :)

got it, yes i deleted the old video source and fetched listings from
schedules direct.  populated database, checked from a frontend, and it
worked fine, all channel names are correct, and all station id's are
correct.

now, i went back to backend setup to try the icon downloads, i chose
"download all icons".  it worked for a while and downloaded 60 something
icons and said it couldnt find maybe 5 or 6.  after that it gives me a
screen with  a few stations, and a search bar at the bottom, what is
this screen for? if i choose one of the stations, it says failed to
download icon and goes back to the main icon download screen.  i tried
looking at every channel under options, and where it says "icon" there
is nothing listed after any of them.  did it download the icons into
some directory somewhere and now i have to manually put them in?  if so,
what directory are they in, and where?

thank you.

- --
Steve Reilly