[mythtv-users] Get zero channels from RadioTimes download

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Sat Mar 15 11:21:26 UTC 2008

Having trouble getting my TV listings set up.

When I run
    /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --configure --debug

I get the following output, specifically the statement that there are zero
channels. I think the following error message is due to the zero channels
rather than a problem in itself (although this ought to be handled!)

--Start output
Retrieving list of available channels from Radio Times
Fetching http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat from cache without
checking with server.
Converting list of available channels from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1

The Radio Times reports available listings for 0 channels. We have
flagged 11 of these channels as unusable as they currently contain no
listings.

/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 570.
---End output

Running
    mythfilldatabase --manual
gives
    config file /home/mike/.mythtv/2.xmltv is empty, please delete and run
me with --configure

Is there an issue with RT at the moment that anyone knows about?

I am using myth from Fedora using the usual guide, and my code is up to
date as of the atrpms/freshrpms updates through yum.

THis is after deleting existing listings through myth setup, and starting
over.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts