[mythtv-users] watchlist question - "not the earliest episode"

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Mar 15 00:05:29 UTC 2008

James Orr wrote:
> I just installed 0.21 and I'm looking at the "watchlist" feature.
>
> I'm a bit behind on my Stargate: Atlantis episodes, I have 8 to watch.
>
> When I go into the watchlist the episode it presents to me is actually
> the LAST episode that was broadcast on 3/7.

It's supposed to be one oldest recorded date for that recordid...

> "That's a little strange" I thought, and went to the actual earliest
> episode (broadcast 1/18) and the watchlist status is given as "not the
> earliest episode".

That message would be correct for any episodes other than
the oldest.

> It seems to be doing this for all series, what it thinks is the earliest
> episode is actually the latest episode. What's going on?

Bug. I Just went to the "Delete Recordings" page (which I
almost never do) and saw that the Watch List sort chose the
newest episode rather than the oldest. This is because this
page reverses the time sort before processing the list. There
may be other sort options that invert the list too. I'll take
a look. I need to do something because it ought to do the
right in all cases.

In the meantime, could you go to TV- Settings->Playback page
"View Recordings (4/8)" and try setting "Episode sort ordering"
back to the default "Sort all sub-titles/multi-titles Descending"?
I suspect you have an option that ends in "...Ascending". I'd
like to verify if that is it or if it might be something else.

--  bjm