[mythtv-users] how to start in init 0 after reboot with ubuntu gutsy

Nelson Butterworth red_five at charter.net
Fri Mar 14 21:37:05 UTC 2008

I assume you're talking about setting the automatic wakeup time. Since
the normal methods seem to be failing you, maybe you could try something
along these lines.

Write a shell script that checks for the existence of an arbitrary file,
say /shutdown_after_time_set. If the file exists, the script will delete
it and execute /sbin/poweroff. Make it execute from /etc/init.d/rc.local.

Now, when you do a restart after setting the wakeup time, just do a
"touch /shutdown_after_time_set", then reboot. When the system comes
back up, the script will execute, see that the trigger file exists,
delete it and shut down. We want to delete the trigger file, of course,
because otherwise we will shut down every time.

If you have some sort of script that sets the wakeup time and reboots in
one fell swoop, just add the "touch" command above between the time set
and the reboot.

Hope it helps.

Nelson