[mythtv-users] New to .21 (and mythtv in general)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 14 15:31:50 UTC 2008

On Mar 14, 2008, at 6:47 AM, Chris Hoover wrote:

> Finally got a Hauppauge PVR-150, got Ubuntu 7.10 installed and updated
> to the .21 weekly builds. Now, I just need to figure out where to
> configure everything. I've recorded a show (15 minutes weighing in at
> about 550 megs), so I guess I need to figure out where to go to set up
> transcoding. Any suggestions welcomed, how-to's preferred, or general
> reading websites with recent info would be fantastic. Also, if there
> is a way to stream via VLC or something similiar over web pages, that
> would be awesome as well, but not necessary (just yet, muahaha). If
> you need any more information, let me know and I'll do my best to get
> it to you ASAP. Thanks a ton in advance.

If you don't plan on doing any MythTV development, I suggest using the
release version of 0.21 and stay away from weekly builds as they will
not be stable. If you're planning on doing development, then you
should check out of SVN and build yourself so you have control over
what version you're running. If you do stick with weekly builds then
you're obligated to keep up with the -dev and -commit lists so you
know when something breaks when you should mention it. Stuff will
break at some point. :)