[mythtv-users] ubuntu .21 upgrade causing Xorg to go nuts.

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Fri Mar 14 03:26:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Chuck Peters wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:57 AM, William Munson <w.munson at comcast.net>
>

> > Do you have the useEvents flag set in xorg.conf? Newer x11 versions
> > require this flag or they show high cpu usage.
>

> Working much better now that I added it.  But this doesn't explain why it
> worked fine with myth .20.2.
>

> When you upgraded to 0.21, you might have also upgraded your nvidia
> binaries.

Thats not it; my initial post included a diff of dpkg -l from the previous
day (incremental backups are nice sometimes) and it showed most of it was
myth, and a few python and perl packages.

I definitely don't want to upgrade the nvidia package as I had an earlier
problem which caused the one system to freeze - the dreaded "Pink Screen of
Death."
ii  nvidia-glx
1:1.0.9639+2.6.22.4-14.10
NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x/X.Org driver

I'll stay away from this one, it caused the freezes!
rc  nvidia-glx-new                             100.14.19+2.6.22.4-14.10

Chuck