[mythtv-users] MePo

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 02:28:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:

> With the upgrade to 0.21 (thanks go out to all involved!  What a great
> release!), I've continued down the MePo theme route, and I was wondering
> if anyone has had any luck with Spashy + MePo under Fedora.  With the
> MePo spalshy interface (found at http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/), it
> looks like it would complete the entire MythTV package... I haven't
> tried it (splashy) on Fedora, but it looks like it might be painful.
>
> Anyone try this with their Myth boxes?

I like the idea of Splashy, but I planned to try adapting it to RHGB, the
Fedora built-in graphical boot program.  No reason to "port" Debian's
Splashy to Fedora.  You might just need to copy or resize the Splashy images
for RHGB, but I've not yet tried it.

While using the MePo theme, do you see issues in MythVideo Edit Metadata or
is it just me?  The first entry box for the title does not draw, but the
rest of the screen draws fine.  I wonder if it's because I'm using EdidDPI
and not forcing 100dpi like the MePo author suggests.

/Brian/