[mythtv-users] Dishnetwork?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 14 00:37:58 UTC 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 5:48 PM, Justin Stanczak wrote:

> Oh ya. What is it? Is there a site? I could just go with DirectTV
> and then I would be able to hook it up like you have. I really like
> my PVR setup with Dishnetwork, but I was hoping MythTV would be even
> better, as I'm completely sold on the PVR.

I'm not sure what you mean by getting DirecTV and "hook it up like I
have", becuse I have DISH, not DirectTV.

The main difference is that you need an IR blaster to control a DISH
receiver, while at least some of the DTV units have a serial port for
control.

There's nothing really difficult about setting up a blaster, many many
folks have done it, and the DISH IR codes are well-known. If you have
multiple receivers every DISH receiver I've ever seen can be set up
with multiple IR addresses so that's no problem.

beww