[mythtv-users] Frontend management | was: Livetv idle timer in 0.21: where to set?

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Fri Mar 14 00:13:11 UTC 2008

Hi!

Florian Bittner wrote:

> Shortly i had similary thoughts. I have to manage several frontends and not
> all are permanently in my range. (Parents and brother live next to me) So i
> thought about a web gui where one can easily manage the settings. That of
> course means that each setting is described very well. Maybe with a dropdown
> box containing all possible settings and a description. And maybe sorted in
> groups. A step further they could depend on access control lists, so a few
> settings could be made by not-me :-)

It would also be nice to have a "normal" and an "advanced" mode... "Normal" mode
would only show the settings most people have to modify and if you want to customize
MythTV further you would have to go into "advanced" mode...

That would make both the camp that wants the minimum of settings configurable and the
camp that wants everything configurable happy...

Have a nice day!

Nick