[mythtv-users] MySQL Status Variable Select_full_join Is Not 0

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Thu Mar 13 23:18:55 UTC 2008

Wade Maxfield wrote:
> Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>
>> Bruce Markey wrote:

>>> Although both project names begin with "My*" mythtv.org is
>>> not the home for MySQL Administrator. Your best course to
>>> a resolution would be using the resources at www.mysql.org .
>>>
>>> --  bjm
>>>
>> So are you confirming that MySQL Administrator is a "liar" and the
>> Select_full_join status variable is not an issue?
>>
>> I agree that I'd find much better MySQL support on the MySQL lists
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Drew
>>

> I'm not an MySQL expert, but try these 2 queries:
>
> show status LIKE 'select_full_join';
>
> show /*! global */ status LIKE 'select_full_join';
>
> They should give you 2 different results. One should be closer to the
> missing number. What you do from here, is up to you.

Thanks.  The "global" one matches MySQL Administrator.  I suspect a
Google search will explain the difference.

However I'd still like to understand why mythtv queries against the
mythconverg database (the only non-default database on this server) are
incrementing the counter of something labeled "if this is not 0, you
should carefully check the indexes of your tables".  I was hoping to
hear from someone familiar with the mythconverg schema that would say
something like either (a) we're aware of this and investigating or (b)
we looked at this and the impact is minimal or (c) etc.

So yes, I'm asking about MySQL but since it is an integral part of
MythTV and I was asking about its behavior in that relation, it seemed
an appropriate post to me.  However since BJM is usually very helpful on
this list, I suspect I am the victim of bad timing.  But no harm no
foul.  It was just a curious question.

Thanks,

Drew

--