[mythtv-users] MySQL Status Variable Select_full_join Is Not 0

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Mar 13 18:43:54 UTC 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> Bruce Markey wrote:
>> Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>>
>>> I've been attempting to educate myself and do a little tuning to
>>> get the
>>> most out of my underpowered system.  In checking MySQL status
>>> variables
>>> using MySQL Administrator, I came across this:
>>>

>> Although both project names begin with "My*" mythtv.org is
>> not the home for MySQL Administrator. Your best course to
>> a resolution would be using the resources at www.mysql.org .
>>
>> --  bjm
>
> So are you confirming that MySQL Administrator is a "liar" and the
> Select_full_join status variable is not an issue?
>
> I agree that I'd find much better MySQL support on the MySQL lists
>
> Cheers,
>
> Drew

I think he's saying that MythTV users will likely not have any idea
why there is a discrepancy between what MySQL Administrator is
reporting and what the MySQL command line is reporting. I know I've
never used MySQL Administrator. I have no idea what it is or does, so
you might have better luck asking people who are more familiar with it.