[mythtv-users] Sound a second behind video

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 13 16:35:01 UTC 2008

On 03/13/2008 08:14 AM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> After filing a bug at ffmpeg...
> They individual that tried the sample did not see any delay.  Others
> here have seen this delay though.  The ffmpeg feedback said that
> unless I am using the latest SVN, the bug would not be accepted anyway.
>
> So, as Myth uses the ffmpeg libraries, the ones that were used likely
> contain a bug.  Just grabbing newer ones may fix the problem.  As I am
> unable to do that myself, how do I go about this?  File a Mythtv bug?

You'll have to wait until Janne merges the new ffmpeg.  Really, if it's
just Myth's needing a newer ffmpeg, it's not a bug in Myth.  Posting a
comment to the bug that you created that according to ffmpeg developers,
it's fixed in current ffmpeg SVN head is a) likely to get the merge done
(in trunk--not 0.21-fixes) sooner, and b) likely to save a lot of
developer time (as they'll know it's not a Myth bug).  (If you happen to
know the ffmpeg SVN revision the ffmpeg dev was using, mentioning that
would be good to ensure that the next merge uses at least that version.)

Mike