[mythtv-users] Internal Player MKV Subtitles

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Thu Mar 13 16:21:56 UTC 2008

Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>> Thanks Robin, just did that.  Whacked the T key and up popped the
>> subtitles.  I guess the internal player still has issues with embedded
>> subs (either in general or inside mkv's/), still no great hassle to pump
>> out .srt's... now I know how.
>>

>  As far as I know there is no support at all for those embedded subtitles, but unfortunately I don't have a file tpo use for testing it.

Ahh, I swear there was a thread a while back about this apearing in
0.21?  Perhaps it got shunted to .22 due to the imminent release (or I
misread something).

Quite easy to make a mkv+h264+embedded subs file, I follow the guide at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=273635 which seems generic
enough to work on other distros (assuming dependencies are met); as I
have a lot of foreign films it's become my format of choice for feeding
them in to MythVideo.

Still either way, 122Kb file per movie isn't going to break the array
and I'm a happy camper :)

Sarah