[mythtv-users] How can I transcode entire recordings directory?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Mar 13 15:42:26 UTC 2008

lists_mythtv_users <lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk> says:
> Can anyone tell me how I can force a lossless transcode of all my
> recordings?

<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/270026#270026>

Note that, unlike when transcoding a single recording, mass
transcoding a playlist does not permit one to select the type;
whatever is/was the transcode-type setting in the rule for the
recording will be used instead. (I filed a ticket on this
(<URL:http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4403>), thinking it was a bug,
but it was rejected as a patchless feature request.)

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array