[mythtv-users] Sound a second behind video

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Thu Mar 13 12:37:29 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/12/2008 11:36 PM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
>> I am a bit lacking in what it takes to fix this one.  Advice
>> appreciated.
>
> Read my long reply:  "So, I would recommend you start by manually
> deleting the seektable then build a seektable using mythtranscode, as
> above..."

That is enough to prove that the seektable is the issue.

Once you've done that, you should replicate the problem with a new
recording, and dump the (bad) seektable for that recording to a file.

I think the following command should do that (replace the chanid and
starttime parameters with the proper values for the recording you're
working with):

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -e 'select * from recordedseek where
chanid="1006" and starttime="2008-02-26 19:59:00" order by mark;' >
badseek.txt

Then, delete and recreate a good seektable using mythtranscode, and dump
the good one to another file:

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -e 'select * from recordedseek where
chanid="1006" and starttime="2008-02-26 19:59:00" order by mark;' >
goodseek.txt

Those two files might have enough info to give the devs a clue about
where the bug might be.

- Marc