[mythtv-users] PXE Network Boot

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Mar 13 11:55:04 UTC 2008

> So, when i start my VM machine i see it get a IP then look to the tftp
> server.  i then get a page that says "Welcome to the Red Hat Network
> Installer, Enter the # for the OS you want to  install."

I'm confused. Where are you getting the redhat installer thing from?
Do you have a CD in the drive, and it's failing to netboot and
falliing back to your CD drive? Is the coming from the bootimage you
download from the tftp server?

This may not be of use to you as it appears you may be using redhat,
but I run debian and found the following to be the best guide I found
for setting up diskless.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/how-i-did-it-diskless-netboot-with-debian-etch-468870/

--
Ron