[mythtv-users] Goodbye Analog!

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Thu Mar 13 09:31:15 UTC 2008

Yan Seiner wrote:
> OK, I've finally cut the analog umbilical cord.
>
> The last show (Maya & Miguel) has made to digital; my analog tuner is
> now off-line.

Welcome my brother!  :-)

I've only run into a pair of downsides to going all digital:

Recordings take up even more room that before (at least in my case)

Had to bypass the default/mixed-digital/$FOO setup in alsa to get one
station playing audio (it's broadcast in mono and myth/alsa couldn't
grok it correctly.  Piping the audio straight to the hardware worked)

Aside from those two things, it's bee great and I've not regretted
getting rid of the analogue card in the least.