[mythtv-users] OT: colorblindness

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Mar 12 20:04:30 UTC 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Regular color TV (actually, regular color _anything_ with the current
> technologies) must suck if you're tetrachromatic.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromacy

I don't know about that.  TV couldn't reproduce the whole range of
colors a tetrachromat sees, but that doesn't mean it would look
wrong.  An extreme example of this is black-and-white TV -- it can't
reproduce any color but it doesn't look incorrect, just restricted.
Another example would be two-color printing, which produces images
that have a restricted color space but that our brains still interpret
as reasonably natural.

I brought up TV, so I think this counts as on-topic. ;)