[mythtv-users] Mplayer plays underneath mythtv window

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Mar 12 16:23:55 UTC 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 11:00 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> For those filetypes for which the Internal player doesn't work, use
> xine.  This isn't a joking suggestion.  It's what I did before the
> Internal player got good filetype support (and it never had the
> layer-placement problems that MPlayer did...

Thanks, I'll give that a try.  The internal player works great for me
on everything except Realvideo files and some Quicktime formats.  Out
of three systems I've set up, two have had layer-placement problems
with mplayer for reasons I've not been able to discern, so it'd be
nice to be able to get away from that.