[mythtv-users] Mouse sometimes scrolls by itself

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:47:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

This is a slightly more general linux (or possibly hardware) issue, but its
particularly annoying since MythTV 0.21 came out.

Fairly frequently (several times a day), my mouse generates a scrollwheel
event. For a few weeks I've noticed when I've been watching TV (nowhere near
the mouse) that the window the mouse cursor is on top of will scroll
upwards. I've even changed the mouse, and I still get the problem.

I have a TwinView setup, so when I'm watching TV the mouse is usually
positioned on top of the mythtv window to make sure I have the focus on the
correct window. Now since upgrading to MythTV 0.21, MythTV will jump back 1
minute when it receives this scroll event. Can anybody tell me either what
is causing this event or if there's any way of disabling the mouse controls
in MythTV.

Thanks,

Jonny