[mythtv-users] How do I set up the ASX streaming for mythweb?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 03:08:05 UTC 2008

I noticed with the new mythweb that there is an icon to view an ASX
Stream of my recorded programs.  However, when I click on this, I get
prompted to view it with Windows Media Player, and then WMP craps out
with the following error message: Windows Media Player cannot play the
file because the server is not responding. If you entered a URL or
path to play the file, verify that it is correct. If you clicked a
link to play the file, the link may not be valid.

I read the FAQ, and explicitly turned off my password protection for
mythweb due to the warnings about authentication.  Not sure what else
I need to do here.