[mythtv-users] Questions prior to 0.21 upgrade

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 11 22:36:11 UTC 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:

>> I am going to suck it and see. One of my FEs is un-updateable,
>> however, it
>> appears to be on protocol version 31 already..., which according to
>> the
>> release notes for .21, is the 'new' protocol version.
>> Gareth
>
> Well, test no.1 fails. FE updated to .21 cannot talk to database on .
> 20,
> thus the oposite is probably also true.
> Gareth

Why would we lie to you? 0.21's protocol is 40.

mythb[mythtv at livingroom ~]$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : Unknown
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40

The release notes on the wiki was wrong. I just updated it. Thanks for
catching that!

-Brad