[mythtv-users] Shows did not record?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Mar 11 22:33:49 UTC 2008

>  I'm sure there was no popup. And free tuners were available, as I was
>  only using one.
>  Also, I'm using EIT for EPG, and I'm pretty sure there was no later showing.
>
>  I now have disabled "Reschedule Higher Priorities". Will see how it works..

It seems as if you misunderstood my post. Of course you didn't see a
popup, and it didn't matter that there were other tuners. The
scheduler WANTED the tuner you were using but due to a bug it failed
to try and take it from you, so it gave up. I don't believe changing
that setting will fix it (though I may be wrong) because it was a bug
in handling the conflicts between Live TV and scheduled recordings.
You may shift around when the bug occurs, but I'm sure it will still
show up.

If you absolutely don't want to upgrade right now, then just try
applying the patch from commit 16182. It's less than 1 line of code. A
very minor fix....not likely to break anything else for you.

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/16182

--
Ron