[mythtv-users] XVMC for VIA Broken on 0.21

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Tue Mar 11 21:07:37 UTC 2008

I loaded up the 0.21 rpms on Fedora 7, 2.6.23.15-80.fc7, on an M10K
with 1GB of memory and xorg-x11-drv-openchrome-0.2.901-2.fc7

I reset playback for XVMC on VIA and it will not play recorded
programs. Looking that the mythfrontend log I noticed.

	AFD Error: Could not find decoder for codec (MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC_VLD), ignoring.

Followed by:

	VideoOutputXv: XvMC Adaptor Name: 'XV_SWOV' Unable to create XvMC Surface.

And then a continual number of:

	NVP: Prebuffer wait timed out 10 times.

There has been discussion about this problem here

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2007-September/057233.html
http://readlist.com/lists/mythtv.org/mythtv-users/2/10667.html

Can someone tell me how to do a work around?

-- Mache