[mythtv-users] Mythtv does not care about the remote after a video is started.

Matzi Kratzi matzikratzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:38:45 UTC 2008

(I use minimyth on a via epia sp8000eg as a frontend)

My frontend works just fine for most things. The only problem is that
the remote seems to be signaling to nobody after I have started a
video (as opposed to a recording or live TV).

I have to use VNC to stop, pause, fast forward or rewind in the movie.
The same goes for the volume. The same goes for everything.

I guess that mplayer (I have not changed the player, but this seems to
be default for minimyth) does not listen to the keys that the remote
tries to send.

Any ideas? Below some settings. My remote came together with a
computer from hp equipped with Windows media center. I think it has a
chipset from Philips.

I guess that two options could be to either use the internal player or
set a keymap for mplayer to use that would be the same as for the
internal player.

In case of using the internal player: what options should I use in the
Player Settings->Default Player option?

In case of changing the keymap for mplayer: How do you do that?

root at via-frontend:~ # lsmod|grep lirc
lirc_mceusb2           11012  1
lirc_dev               10824  1 lirc_mceusb2
usbcore               110628  4 lirc_mceusb2,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd

root at via-frontend:~ # lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1784:0006 TopSeed Technology Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Thanks!

/Mats