[mythtv-users] 0.21 on Intel MiniMac Fedora8

James Jefferies jrjefferies at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:36:47 UTC 2008

On 11/03/2008, Marco Coli <marco.coli at hicad-dsc.it> wrote:

> Tino Keitel ha scritto:
>
> > I don't have this problem on my mini, I use the QT painter for the
> > frontend GUI. Maybe this helps.
> >

> Thank you for your answer. I tried to switch from opengl painter to qt,
> but nothing changed....
> Are you too using atrpms for myth? Which fedora version?
>
> Regards, Marco
>
> Marco,

I had the same problem - only I don't have a minimac, I have a core-2-duo
Intel with onboard Intel graphics (G33 chipset),
in a combined BE/FE.

I did a yum upgrade just before the 0.21 binaries were released, and then a
yum upgrade to get 0.21 of ATRPMS when they appeared (thanks Jarod).
Before I upgrade to 0.21, I had a problem with 2.6.24.3 kernel not loading
GLX properly, so I dropped back to my old kernel

running
kernel 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
TV connection is DVI on the video card, HDMI on the TV (via ONKYO receiver
switch)
TV is a full HD model, driven @ 1920x1080p
UI theme is blootube-wide, but have tried gant and blue
DVB-T (UK Freeview)

The segfault happened EVERY TIME when moving back out of the recordings or
video menus back to the 'media library' menu,
but ONLY if you have watch something.

Can't see anything in the backend log that indicates what the frontend was
doing

See this in the messages file
Mar 10 22:44:27 be kernel: mythfrontend[5943]: segfault at 047dc640 eip
047dc640 esp bf8d319c error 4
Mar 10 22:50:12 be kernel: mythfrontend[6156]: segfault at 02e15640 eip
02e15640 esp bf8e2cbc error 4

If I change the 'painter engine' = Qt  then problem does is solved (setting
in mythfrontend -> utilities/setup -> Setup -> appearance).

I hope this helps.

Cheers
 James

PS - the new kernel does not have the problem - probably because it does not
load GL DRI! - it just draws verrry sllloooowlly.