[mythtv-users] MythFrontend 0.21: What is a watch list?

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue Mar 11 17:08:42 UTC 2008

On 11 Mar 2008 at 8:13, Jay Mallar wrote:

> I get the point of open source.  I get that this is a community
> project.  But gosh darnet, if you have the time to add the feature to
> the code, you have the time to write up a quick document for the rest of
> us so we know how to use it.  One of the biggest problems I have with
> most open source projects is this lack of documentation or the
> assumption that documentation should be done by someone other than
> whoever made the change.  How am I supposed to know what someone else
> added, much less how it works?
>
> Sorry - rant over...

Actually, the MythTV documentation is better than the documentation that
exists for most of the the open source software I play with... But I agree with
Jay Mallar here.

Most of the documentation that exists for open source softwares in general is
just plain bad if it exists at all, or so out of date as to be confusing.

Marvin