[mythtv-users] Myth Jabber bot

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 11 16:56:32 UTC 2008

On 03/11/2008 06:53 AM, Ian Barton wrote:
> I have looked into it and the python bindings will do some of what I
> want. I'll post this to the dev list, but maybe someone here can give me
> some guidance. Bear in mind that I am only at about page 2 of the "Noddy
>   Guide to Python".
>
> I think that if I inherit from the existing python bindings and add new
> methods, I should be able to do what I want.

It's quite possible that those new methods you wish to add should be
added to the official python bindings.  If so, patches to them (to allow
your jabber bot to work with less code) are greatly appreciated.

Anduin is the developer who has "inherited" responsibility for the
Python bindings.  He has an overall plan.  There has also been quite a
bit of other effort put into them from a couple of other people.  You
can likely find some of them on IRC (#mythtv and #mythtv-users on
freenode) if you hang out there for a while.  hads is another who has a
pretty good idea of where they need to go.

Thanks,
Mike