[mythtv-users] Questions prior to 0.21 upgrade

Florian Bittner flo at flobittner.de
Tue Mar 11 16:42:03 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 11. März 2008 17:21:17 schrieb Derek Stark:
> Good day:
Hi

> I've got a machine running .20.2 and I'm thinking strongly of
> upgrading to .21 for multirec and the changes to MythVideo/MythDVD.
> However, this is the master BE/FE machine in the house, so I figure I
> better be careful. I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Database
> Is there any major change? I'll dump the database prior to the upgrade
> to keep Murphy satiated, but will my 0.20.2 DB make the switch OK? I
> thought I saw something in the release notes about a schema upgrade
> prompt, but I wasn't sure what that really meant.
Worked for me, but backup is always good :-)

> Further, if 0.21 turns out to be bad business for me, will the DB be
> backwards-compatible? Again, I'll have the backup, but if I can leave
> MySQL alone, I prefer to.
Worked for me, too! I tested 0.21 a few weeks ago and it upgraded my database.
Of course i did a backup, but i tested 0.20.2 with the new schema and it
worked, so i didn't use the backup.

> 2. Mixing & matching versions
> If I chicken out on the upgrade and stay on 0.20.2 on my master BE/FE,
> will I be able to run 0.21 on
> other FE-only boxes?

This way i don't know, but i think not! 0.20.2 FE with 0.21 BE doesn't work,
checked it during upgrade.

I hope i could help!

0.21 works very good for me, except some small things.

Greetings,
Flo