[mythtv-users] Squashed text on OSD

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 11:07:54 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I'm running myth through my projector at 1280x720. All looks fine apart
from the OSD. All the fonts are squashed together. I'm guessing that
this has something to do with my DPI sttings because something weird is
going on. I have

    Option        "UseEdidDpi"    "FALSE"
    Option        "DPI" "120 x 120"

in my xorg.conf file at the moment (it was 100x100 10 minutes ago, so
that's not the problem), however, if I run

xdpyinfo | grep -B1 dot

I get

  dimensions:    1280x720 pixels (406x254 millimeters)
  resolution:    80x72 dots per inch

Is this my problem? Even if it's nit, any ideas why it's not saying 120x120?

As a clue to the problem, when I go into live tv, the OSD looks fine
momentarily, but it's only at 4x3. It messes up as soon as the picture
comes up and snaps into 16x9.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Damian