[mythtv-users] change from SVN to mythbuntu

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Mar 11 05:17:52 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brad DerManouelian
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 8:12 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] change from SVN to mythbuntu

On Mar 10, 2008, at 8:03 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

Brad, i was pretty sure i had it configured correctly. I was on ubuntu's
mythtv install, and it worked great. I upgrade to the latest svn to fix some
video problems i was having. 5 days later, the .21 version comes out, and
i'd be fine with that.

The main error i'm getting is that when i log into mythweb, it says:

Warning: require_once(includes/init.php) [
<http://192.168.1.3/mythweb/function.require-once> function.require-once]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/var/www/mythweb/mythweb.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [ <http://192.168.1.3/mythweb/function.require>
function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/init.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
/var/www/mythweb/mythweb.php on line 20

If you don't have init.php in /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/ then your
mythweb install is probably hosed. Luckily, it's easy to fix since there's
nothing to compile. Just check out a new copy from svn and copy it to
/var/www/html/mythweb. Make sure init.php is there and try it again.

-Brad

OK, got the latest svn plugins and moved the mythweb files...did all i could
find to get it going, but am stuck with this error:

Database Setup Error

The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
webserver conf or .htaccess file. Please read through the comments
included in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.

Some possible solutions are to make sure that mod_env is enabled
in httpd.conf, as well as having followed the instructions in the
README and INSTALL files.

Mod_env is enabled as far as i can tell.

Just totally lost

Please help. I'll even allow you to ssh into my machine if you think you can
fix it. I just want this to work, and to know why it isn't working now. This
is why people go with microsoft. Linux gives you the control, but at a steep
cost. Another night spent troubleshooting instead of enjoying the software.

-Thanks

-Steve