[mythtv-users] numpad key bindings

Z F mail4me9999 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 04:13:00 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

I am trying to set up a frontend which sould be controlled by a USB
numpad. I reasoned that it has enough keys to provide the basic use.

Unfortunatelly, I have troubles using KeyEdit to change the
keybindings.

For example, I would like "gray - " be the escape key. It seems to
work
everywhere, accept it does not cause liveTV to exit.

Interestingly enough, if I map the Del key to be used as escape, than
it works correctly and exits from LiveTV mode.

I can not seem to re-map the PgUp, PgDown, End and Home keys.

Basically, here is how I envision the numeric keypad use:

  NumLk   Mute   Menu   Exit
    <<     Ch+    >>
    Vol-          Vol+
    <-     Ch-     ->   Sel-
      Pause        Rec  ect

THere are two buttons left. One which is the gray + and the one
under number 5 in the center which could be used for something in
the future.

Another posibility is this:

 NumLk   Mute   Menu   Exit
    <<     Ch+    >>
    <-    Select  ->
    Vol-   Ch-   Vol+
       Pause     Rec

But the main question remains: Am I doing something wrong, or
something
which is not possible to do, or there is something to be fixed? :)

I am using MythTV 0.20  from the Debian repository.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

ZF