[mythtv-users] DST-related guide problem - inserted into db off by one hour

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 11 01:23:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 09:58:24PM -0400, Jesse Burt wrote:
> It appears I've been bitten by a bit of carelessness on my part (or so I
> thought at first, now I just don't know) and the silliness that is
> Daylight Savings Time. I run an AMD64 Gentoo Myth backend (0.20.2p15634)
> that uses ntp to sync with internet timeservers every boot. Yesterday
> when time rolled forward an hour, for some reason the ntp daemon never
> picked it up (IIRC, it has worked in the past). When I first went to

NTP operates in UTC. This sounds like a problem with your timezone
settings. When you run "date" does it show the timezone as daylight or
standard time? I'm not sure which pieces of MythTV operate in UTC and
do offsets on the fly and which really run in localtime, though.

So who do we have to write to abolish DST, anyway? Somehow I think
suggesting that it messed up your TV would carry more weight than any of
the myriad logical reasons to do so.

--
Michael Heironimus