[mythtv-users] OT B'cast nostalgia, was: Hauppauge in ...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 10 23:54:55 UTC 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Stroller wrote:

> On 9 Mar 2008, at 20:38, Meatwad wrote:
>> Seeing as the thread is now aptly named...
>
> Oh! Me, too!! I've got one...
>
> When I was a kid I remember seeing a brochure for a new kind of video
> recorder which, as well as fitting movies on smaller tapes, could
> record - and playback, of course - digital audio.

It might help place the thing if I knew better when you were a kid :-)

But in truth I don't know what that could have been. Sony once sold a
unit for recording high-quality audio on a VCR, it basically put 4
tracks of PCM audio onto a B+W video signal. We used to use them for
Radio remote by feeding this ersatz "video" through Macom 23Ghz. Video
microwave links.

Maybe it was an 8mm system, but I don't recall any pre-recorded movies
ever being released on that format.

beww