[mythtv-users] OT B'cast nostalgia, was: Hauppauge in ...

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:27:33 UTC 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 05:48:01PM -0500, Meatwad wrote:
> [ just grafs and grafs of home-theatre porn deleted ]
>> HGTV had a short /Amazing Basements/ segment on his place but I can't
>> locate the video on the awful website. We've been meaning to do a proper
>> photo shoot forever but never get a round 'tuit.
>
> Oh, *please*.  I love stuff like that.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

I'll keep looking but the special was on six basements and four of the
other five were undeniably tacky. Only a minute or two of useful camera
was spent on each basement. And don't get me started on the show hosts
wasting oxygen by fawning over themselves throughout the show.

This from the network that hired Russ Hirschelmann to guest host a DIY
low-budget home theater episode. He didn't even bring a bucket of Goo
Systems to slap on the wall for the screen. It was eggshell white from
the home store IIRC. Coincidentally, he issued a press release stating
he was leaving the custom install business to start a B&B with his wife
six weeks later.

If Frank and I both dig up some round tuits, we'll set up a shoot.

--
mw