[mythtv-users] Time to record before start with back-to-back recordings and multirec?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:22:51 UTC 2008

> One of the joys of multirec is that you will get the overlap in both
> recordings. No need to use a second tuner for that situation any more.

But I'm not getting an overlap, if I record two consecutive programs, the
first recording stops a couple of seconds before the second recording
starts. This is exactly what would happen if I only had one card in the days
before multirec. The only way I can cause the overlap you describe is by
manually setting a hard overlap by adjusting the before/after time on the
recording rules. Is this the expected behaviour? I don't see why the first
program should stop early because I've got another virtual tuner.

The sad part of hard-padding. You're causing a scheduling conflict by
> forcing the early/late record times. Let the scheduler do it with soft
> padding like you set it up originally.

But it doesn't give any sort of overlap unless I use hard-padding, and cause
the recording to shift to another virtual tuner (same physical card on the
same multiplex).

Thanks,

Jonny