[mythtv-users] How to delete mythfrontend client settings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 10 15:23:03 UTC 2008

On 03/10/2008 09:16 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  mysql> DELETE FROM `settings` WHERE `hostname` = 'identifier';
> Excellent thanks.
>
> Don't really understand why it would stop working with this PC only.
> All I got was a green screen with the sound...
>
> deleting the settings and restarting mythfrontend worked.

I'd guess you had set the wrong theme painter, and simply needed to
restart mythfrontend with:

mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt

then go to setting and change the theme painter from OpenGL to QT.

Note that changing the theme painter requires restarting mythfrontend,
so you may have changed the value and though you were using OpenGL, then
at some point in the future exited mythfrontend, after which
mythfrontend wouldn't properly display, so it can seem like an issue
that "just started without any changes."

Mike